If you have furniture, household items or building supplies you no longer need, Habitat and its families can make good use of them. Remodeling your kitchen? Don’t trash those cabinets, sinks, countertops; call the ReStore.
Why is donating to the ReStore such a good idea? Here are just some of the reasons:
- Proceeds from the sale of donated items are used to build more Habitat homes
- Used items can be bought at the ReStore at discounted prices
- Donated building materials lower the mortgage costs for Habitat homeowners
- Donated items are kept out of landfills
- Donations are tax deductible
What can be accepted:
Furniture – tables, chairs, bed frames, sofas, dressers, mirrors, cabinets
Renovations – Cabinets, sinks, countertops, lighting, tile, flooring, carpeting
Appliances – washers, dryers, ranges, microwaves, refrigerators, freezers, A/C’s
Clothing, books, toys, glassware, dishes, pots, pans, lamps, picture frames
Blocks, bricks, pavers, vinyl siding, shingles, windows, lumber, hardware, doors, shelving, trim, insulation, tools
What cannot be accepted:
Broken or non-functioning pieces
Organs and pianos
Mattresses and box springs
You Can Help Build a Home!
Most homes have something that isn’t being used but can still be used by other families. Take a look around and if there is something you can donate to the ReStore, it will be greatly appreciated!
To schedule a ReStore pickup, call us at (908) 835-1980.