Click here for volunteer survey.
What to expect
- If you have never volunteered at Warren County Habitat for Humanity, you will be asked to fill out the Volunteer Survey
- Volunteer safety is the number one priority when working on a WCHFH site or event. All volunteers are encouraged to visit the following website and take the online safety class; http://www.hfhvolunteerinsurance.com/. This workshop will take no more than 1/2 hour and will help WCHFH when its insurance coverage is reviewed and premiums set. The Affiliate Number is 3268-5684. Additional safety training will be provided on site as needed.
- As per the WCHFH insurance policy, all volunteers must sign an insurance waiver before working on a WCHFH site or event; the paperwork will be provided for signature the day of the build or event.
- You will be put on an e-mail list for build volunteers. Before each build session, an email will be distributed having relevant information such as build site, build day and time, directions to the site, and contacts. If you’d like to sign up for that particular build session, you can reply to that email or call our coordinator.
- Put your work clothes on and join the team! The site supervisor will direct your efforts. Hard hats, safety glasses, dust masks and ear protection will be distributed on the job site if required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to have a certain level of skills to work at the build site? A: No, volunteers of all skill levels are welcome to participate.
Q: Do I have to make a commitment to a set number of days or hours? A: No. If your schedule allows you to join us on a particular day, just let our volunteer coordinator know of your intent in an email.
Q: Can I bring my own tools? A: Yes.
Q: Will I be allowed to use power tools? A: Yes.
Q: I’m not licensed, but I have skills and experience in a specific area (plumbing, electrical, HVAC). Can I apply my skills at the build site? A: The construction supervisor will confirm which tasks you may or may not perform.
Q: Can I bring my son or daughter? A: Yes, all participants above the age of 16 are welcome at the job site.