Critical Home Repair
Warren County Habitat for Humanity has launched a new loan program (up to $10,000) for existing homeowners to complete critical home repairs to their primary residence.
Current Application deadline is October 27
The Critical Home Repair (CHR) program offers home repairs and improvements necessary for restoring and maintaining safe living conditions and home values. This program is applicable for seniors, those with a disability, or family circumstances who struggle to maintain the integrity of their homes. The program emphasizes support of aging people so their home can be made accessible. The initiative provides home repairs to prevent homeowners from suffering injury and falls, accidents or moving out of their home. Projects include interior or exterior work performed to alleviate critical health, life and safety issues or code violations, including a change to or repair of materials or components; a reconfiguration of space; a modification for accessibility and interior modifications; installation or extension of plumbing, mechanical or electrical systems on an existing structure. Volunteer teams, along with subcontractors, work under the direction of Habitat staff to complete the repairs.
Low or moderate income homeowners with household income below maximum levels noted, based on family.
|Maximum Income ($)||54,950||62,800||70,650||78,500||84,800||91.100||97,350||103,650|
* Must be less than 80% (median) of the 2019 median income in Warren County, NJ
- You must reside within the service area of Warren County Habitat for Humanity
- You must occupy the home as your primary residence.
- Applicant must demonstrate willingness to partner (sweat equity) and an ability to pay for the project cost based on a sliding scale. (These criteria are subject to change).
- Applicant must have a need for the repair(s) requested.
- Homeowner(s) must be current on existing mortgage, homeowner’s insurance and property taxes.
- Total long term expenses, including loan payments, must not exceed 43% of gross annual household income.
Note: Veterans with proof of an honorable discharge will receive a 20% discount on services.
Need more information? Contact Community Outreach Director J.J. Norment: [email protected] or 908 835 1300 ext.15